Thursday, June 25, 2009

Phillip Wellman Douche Bag Award

This video has been seen many times over the last two years...on June 1, 2007, Phillip Wellman, manager of the Mississippi Braves of the Southern League, made a complete ass of himself and the game of baseball by putting on an infantile incident while arguing with the umpires...the topper was when he crawled on the ground and tossed the resin bag like a grenade toward the homeplate umpire...if I was that umpire I would have met Wellman in the parking lot after the game and shoved that resin bag up his ass for trying to show me up...

I still cannot believe he was given only a three game suspension...being that he was the manager a minor league team, he should have received at least 20 games...imagine if an athlete like Terrell Owens did that - people would be calling for his head...maybe the umpires did make a bad call, but they did not need to be treated that way by Wellman...I sure he would be ticked if someone made one of his players look like an ass, the same way he tried to make the umpires look that way...

Some may think his tirade was funny, but I think it was stupid, unprofessional, and self-centered...I can't believe ESPN ranked it as the best sports tirade of all-time...Wellman's antics has led me to start the Phillip Wellman Douche Bag Award...every so often Stiles Points will be presenting the Wellman Douche Bag Award to people who either act or are simply a douche bag...

So Phil, this Massengill's for you!!!...


No comments: