Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tim Tebow: the greatest of all-time?

Pat Dooley of the Gainesville Sun was nice enough to respond to the "Five Good Questions" segment pertaining to Florida All-American quarterback Tim Tebow...I want to thank Pat for taking the time...

Tim Tebow File

Senior, quarterback, 6'3", 240 lbs.
Hometown - Jacksonville, Florida
2008 - 2,746 yards, 30 TDs, 4 Ints - 89 carries, 469 yards, 8 TDS
2007 - 3,286 yards, 32 TDs, 6 Ints - 210 carries, 895 yards, 23 TDs
2006 - 358 yards, 5 TDs, 1 Ints - 176 carries, 673 yards, 12 TDs

Q1. I assume Tebow would make this list. Therefore, who are your five all-time greatest Florida Gators - in order?
A. Tim Tebow, Danny Wuerffel, Steve Spurrier, Wilbur Marshall, Emmitt Smith

Q2. What is Tebow like off the field? He comes across as being a nice guy who cares about helping people. Is that for real or just a front?
A. Oh, it's real. Tim likes to have fun like any college kid but the work he does is truly amazing. I admire how he's able to juggle everything. And he's a funny guy.

Q3. What makes Tebow special compared to other great college quarterbacks?
A. There has never been one who is a five tool player. You hear that expression in baseball but it works here. 1. power running 2. open field running 3. passing with accuracy 4. leadership 5. toughness

Q4. In your opinion, what do you see Tebow doing in the NFL? Will he be a first round selection?
A. That's the big question. He'll play somewhere and I think he'll be a quarterback. but I don't see him being a starter. I think someone will take a chance on him in the first round

Q5. Last question, where would you rank Tebow among the greats in college football?
A. It all depends on how he finishes. Right now, he'd be in my top 10. Herschel (Walker) is still the best I saw but if Tebow has another big year and Florida is in the National Championship, I'd have to change my mind.

No comments: