Tuesday, August 18, 2009

He was there, so I took Chad Johnson

Yesterday was a review of the first 8 rounds of my league's fantasy football draft...today is a breakdown of my enitre 22 man roster...because we only have 8 teams in our league, we go 22 rounds...the overwhelming opinion was that my draft sucked...oh well...

Rd 1 - DeAngelo Williams, rb, Panthers - went with youth over age (LT)...
Rd 2 - Tom Brady, qb, Patriots - easy pick here...
Rd 3 - Terrell Owens, wr, Bills - Buffalo did not bring this asshole in just to be an asshole...he will score TDs...I am not a TO fan, but he does score - look it up ladies...
Rd 4 - Pierre Thomas, rb, Saints - who is going to be the workhorse, Reggie Bush???...
Rd 5 - Steelers Defense - defense wins titles...I got the best defense...last year, the Steelers Defense finished with 162 points which was more than the following: Tomlinson and Westbrook 152 each, Randy Moss 137, Clinton Portis 131, Marion Barber 130, and Chris Johnson 124...
Rd 6 - Joseph Addai, rb, Colts - he sucked last year, but this is a decent pick in round 6...
Rd 7 - Felix Jones, rb, Cowboys - let's see who is the man in Big D come mid-season...
Rd 8 - LenDale White, rb, Titans - Chris Johnson does all the work while LenDale gets the TDs...plus he is in the best shape of his career - so far...
Rd 9 - Chad Johnson, wr, Bengals - I hate this prick, but I needed another receiver...and with TJ gone, Johnson is truly the #1 receiver in Cinncy...
Rd 10 - Eli Manning, qb, Giants - this was a need pick...pickings were slim at QB at this point...

Rd 11 - Donald Brown, rb, Colts - a speed guy who has nothing but upside...
Rd 12 - Santana Moss, wr, Redskins - he is a good bye week receiver...
Rd 13 - Jamaal Charles, rb, Chiefs - some magazines are predicting he may take over the running duties from Larry Johnson...at round 13, what the heck...
Rd 14 - Stevie Breaston, wr, Cardinals - another bye week receiver...
Rd 15 - Vikings Defense - I wanted to sure up my defense...in my book the Steelers, Giants, and Vikings were the elite of the defenses...I got 2 of the 3...
Rd 16 - Mario Manningham, wr, Giants - early reports indicate that he has a decent shot at being one of Eli's main receivers...a gamble pick at #16...
Rd 17 - Glen Coffee, rb, 49ers - like Donald Brown, Coffee is a rookie with nothing but upside...
Rd 18 - Percy Harvin, wr, Vikings - worth a gamble...
Rd 19 - Shaun Hill, qb, 49ers - I needed a third QB and he was all that was out there...
Rd 20 - Jeff Reed, k, Steelers - if he works out great, if not, I will cut him and bring in another kicker..

Rd 21 - Kellen Winslow, te, Bucs - I have since cut Winslow and picked up Danny Ware, rb, Giants...
Rd 22 - Bills Special Teams - Roscoe Parrish is guaranteed to bring at least 1 back a year...

Is this the team that I envisioned drafting - NO...but sometimes the draft dictates how you end up drafting...I made some audibles...some players, like Chad Johnson, Felix Jones, and Pierre Thomas are boom or bust picks...let the chips fall where they fall...

2 comments:

GMoney said...

I like the Chad Johnson pick actually. To make us see your method better, how about listing your starting lineup come week one?

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Kid. Your team is like the Oakland Raiders. Always remember, the autumn wind is a Raider. Pillaging just for fun. He'll knock you round and upside down. And laugh when he's conquered and won.